This role will participate in activities covering the entire software development life-cycle, from requirements development to final testing and delivery of software products.
General Dynamics is a successful Fortune 100, global aerospace and defense company, with over 90,000 employees world-wide. General Dynamics Land Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, has a strong foundation of delivering core engineering and manufacturing capabilities to our clients for military vehicles. Our team is focused on continuous process and productivity improvements that reduce product costs, while increasing troop safety and effectiveness. Land Systems continues to work with the US Armed Forces and its Allies to ensure these vehicles remain survivable, relevant, flexible, affordable and capable of addressing a dynamic threat environment.
Hybrid/Onsite: Due to the nature of the work, this role may require on-site presence up to 60%.
What We Offer:
Starting your career or you are an experience professional, we offer a Total Rewards package that is Impactful and built for you.
- Healthcare including medical, dental, vision, HSA and Flex Spending
- competitive base pay, incentive pay that rewards individual and team performance, and comprehensive benefits.
- 401k Match (6%)
- Educational Assistance
- 9-80 Work Schedule (This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.)
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Onsite Cafeteria, remodeled with new equipment Fitness Center, and Outdoor fitness track.
About the Role:
Join a dynamic group of software engineers responsible for the development and support of embedded application software for a family of ground vehicles. The engineer will participate in activities covering the entire software development life-cycle, from requirements development to final testing and delivery of software products. Activities include:
- Develop Power Management, States and Modes, and Diagnostics software for a vehicle platform
- Perform software requirements analysis.
- Develop software preliminary and detail design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Develop code to implement software design, code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and perform unit/functional test on the executable software.
- Perform hardware/software integration.
- Debug software issues discovered throughout multiple testing phases.
- Develop and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes.
- Release software according to department standards and procedures.
- Prepare status reports to management and support design/code reviews.
- Interface with other GDLS departments and business units, including Systems Engineering and Quality.
- Work within DOORS database to create and maintain engineering documentation.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field.
- 5-7 years related engineering experience, with strong preference for embedded software.
- Strong background in C and C++
- Be comfortable supporting integration issues in a lab and on a vehicle.
- Knowledge of RS-232 /RS-422, Ethernet and CAN data bus desired.
- Knowledge of GIT, BitBucket, and Confluence desired
- Knowledge/experience with DOORS desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Linux, Unix & PC experience desired.
- Some travel may be required to sites for testing. (<10%)
Additional Information / Desired Experience
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position.
- This role is a mix of office and lab/vehicle environment where the requirement for being on site approximately 60% of time for lab/vehicle equipment access.
- This position might require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
- No sponsorship offered.
GDLS considers factors such as, scope/responsibilities of the position, candidate experience, education/training background, in addition to local market comparable and business considerations when extending an offer.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company offering a broad portfolio of products and services in business aviation; ship construction and repair; land combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; and technology products and services. General Dynamics employs more than 100,000 people across 65 countries worldwide and in all 50 U.S. states, more information is available at www.gd.com.
General Dynamics Land Systems, is a business unit of General Dynamics, and is an innovative leader of ground combat systems’ equipment and software for our clients. Our performance-driven team partners with the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corp and other militaries across the Globe to ensure that next generation ground combat vehicles are ready to protect our fighting men and women in uniform.
General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package, site specific flexible work schedules, 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility, Employee Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Amenities, and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance. At General Dynamics Land Systems, we strive to be champions who drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to our values and beliefs to provide a healthy and secure working environment that empowers team members to build careers that reward. We are focused on supporting an inclusive company that recognizes the value in creating a dynamic team that is diverse.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, General Dynamics Land Systems (“GDLS”) provides all persons with equal opportunity and access to all aspects of employment process, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or membership in any group protected by federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
GDLS also is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans..
If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation to search or apply for an opportunity with GDLS, please call 586-825-4000 or send an e-mail to [email protected] for assistance and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.