At General Dynamics Land Systems, we put our customers at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative solutions to our customers.
As Legal Operations Specialist you will be a key member of the team by supporting attorneys with legal and administrative projects and departmental objectives, which include litigation support, transactional work, document management, opening and closing of files, calendaring, legal invoicing, travel arrangements, and meeting/conference scheduling.
The successful candidate will have strong time management, attention to detail, ability to communicate efficiently with attorneys of the Land Systems Legal Department and willingness to adapt to and learn new technology or software programs.
Key Job Elements:
- Lead projects and departmental initiatives through to completion as assigned by members of the legal team
- Oversee the legal departments eBilling software and manage outside law firm invoicing, including ensuring compliance with General Dynamics legal billing guidelines.
- Assist attorneys in all stages of litigation cases including document management; oversee and coordinate responses to subpoenas and other third-party requests
- Manage legal hold program for all legal department matters
- Perform diverse and complex legal tasks while liaising between General Dynamics Land Systems’ attorneys and internal stakeholders concerning corporate matters, litigation, and compliance.
- Contribute towards risk management and mitigation and ensure compliance with related Records Management practices within the department
- Develop and analyze global department processes and procedures for continuous improvement and collaboration
- Conduct legal research and synthesize relevant information needed for high-level decision making
- Manage and maintain memberships, publications and online subscriptions for the Land Systems legal department
- Capability to manage workload independently with minimal supervision
- Manage travel booking and arrangements and preparing and tracking travel and entertainment expense reports.
- Perform all general administrative duties for the legal department, including copying, scanning, mailings, budgeting.
- BS/BA degree required (Business Administration or related field preferred)
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in office management, preferably in a law firm or legal department
- Proven proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Possess excellent written, oral and communication skills
- Must have ability to plan, multi-task, organize and control heavy work volume
- Demonstrated proficiency in and experience with TyMetrix 360, or comparable e-billing solution
- Experience in a corporate legal department
- Prior experience supporting litigation or other legal disputes
- Prior experience or proficiency with legal hold software platforms
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company offering a broad portfolio of products and services in business aviation; ship construction and repair; land combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; and technology products and services. General Dynamics employs more than 100,000 people across 65 countries worldwide and in all 50 U.S. states, more information is available at www.gd.com.
General Dynamics Land Systems, is a business unit of General Dynamics, and is an innovative leader of ground combat systems’ equipment and software for our clients. Our performance-driven team partners with the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corp and other militaries across the Globe to ensure that next generation ground combat vehicles are ready to protect our fighting men and women in uniform.
General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package, site specific flexible work schedules, 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility, Employee Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Amenities, and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance. At General Dynamics Land Systems, we strive to be champions who drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to our values and beliefs to provide a healthy and secure working environment that empowers team members to build careers that reward. We are focused on supporting an inclusive company that recognizes the value in creating a dynamic team that is diverse.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, General Dynamics Land Systems (“GDLS”) provides all persons with equal opportunity and access to all aspects of employment process, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or membership in any group protected by federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
GDLS also is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans..
If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation to search or apply for an opportunity with GDLS, please call 586-825-4000 or send an e-mail to [email protected] for assistance and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.