About the Role
Manufacturing Applications Staff Specialists are Information Technology (IT) professionals who support the manufacturing applications and users at General Dynamics Land Systems.
Manufacturing Applications Staff Specialists work closely with various IT functional groups to resolve application issues within the organization.
Position is an onsite position (not remote).
General Dynamics is a successful Fortune 100, global aerospace and defense company, with over 90,000 employees world-wide. General Dynamics Land Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, has a strong foundation of delivering core engineering and manufacturing capabilities to our clients for military vehicles. Our team is focused on continuous process and productivity improvements that reduce product costs, while increasing troop safety and effectiveness. Land Systems continues to work with the US Armed Forces and its Allies to ensure these vehicles remain survivable, relevant, flexible, affordable and capable of addressing a dynamic threat environment.
What We Offer
Whether you are starting your career or an experienced professional, we offer a Total Rewards package that is impactful and built for you.
- Healthcare including medical, dental, vision, HSA and Flex Spending.
- Competitive base pay, incentive pay that rewards individual and team performance, and comprehensive benefits.
- 401k Match (6%).
- Educational Assistance.
- Hybrid work schedule may be available.
- 9-80 Work Schedule (This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off).
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment.
Responsibilities to Anticipate for this role
- Provide support of incoming requests through the service desk, via telephone, web portal, email, chat and all operational contact types to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Build rapport and gather problem details from customers.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes.
- Record, track, and document the incident within the Service Desk application.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Work with end user to test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
- Contribute to technician knowledge base as needed.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement
Formal Education & Certification
- Associates Degree is required
- Bachelors degree related to information technology preferred but not required
- Knowledge of windows based operating systems
- 1 -3 year's experience working in IT
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Basic Network architecture knowledge
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Knowledge of the below systems preferred but not required
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- CAD Software
- CAM Software
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into application issues
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 9/80 work week and on-call availability
- 10% business travel
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company offering a broad portfolio of products and services in business aviation; ship construction and repair; land combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; and technology products and services. General Dynamics employs more than 100,000 people across 65 countries worldwide and in all 50 U.S. states, more information is available at www.gd.com.
General Dynamics Land Systems, is a business unit of General Dynamics, and is an innovative leader of ground combat systems’ equipment and software for our clients. Our performance-driven team partners with the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corp and other militaries across the Globe to ensure that next generation ground combat vehicles are ready to protect our fighting men and women in uniform.
General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package, site specific flexible work schedules, 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility, Employee Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Amenities, and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance. At General Dynamics Land Systems, we strive to be champions who drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to our values and beliefs to provide a healthy and secure working environment that empowers team members to build careers that reward. We are focused on supporting an inclusive company that recognizes the value in creating a dynamic team that is diverse.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, General Dynamics Land Systems (“GDLS”) provides all persons with equal opportunity and access to all aspects of employment process, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or membership in any group protected by federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
GDLS also is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans..
If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation to search or apply for an opportunity with GDLS, please call 586-825-4000 or send an e-mail to [email protected] for assistance and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.