Location: Lima, OH, United States
Requisition ID: 11868
Career Level: Mid-Career
Remote Work Options: On-Site
Clearance Type: Ability to obtain security clearance
- Management, investigation, and reporting on manufacturing process technology related tasks
- Lead Manufacturing Digital Transformation vision, planning, and support to project(s) execution. This will include transitioning manufacturing to a paperless factory with real time data capture and advanced utilization of data to assist with decision making.
- Work with the Quality organization to develop plan on how best to integrate quality into our digital systems.
- Interface with GDLS IT organizations to work plans, execution of tasks, and work issues as they arise.
- Communicate the vision within manufacturing leadership to ensure all are properly aware of vision, status, and needs.
- Lead coordination of efforts for advanced manufacturing Smart Factory technologies such as Machine Monitoring, Arc Weld Monitoring, Advanced reporting, BOTs, asset tracking, and industrial Internet of Things (iIOT) technologies.
- Work to ensure the overall business benefits will result in improvements in overall plant efficiencies, quality, and ability to align with future contract requirements. Evaluate near-term and long-term costs and work with IT, finance, and manufacturing site to align cost adjustments to our systems and business models.
- Coordinate and or support to divisional funding requests (IT, Capital, IRAD, USG). Ensure funding is aligned with strategy and efforts are coordinated to ensure schedules align. Ensure plant vision is aligned with future needs and ability to leverage technology.
- Contribute to strategic discussions regarding existing and future GDLS manufacturing capabilities, build plans, technology gaps, and process improvement opportunities.
- Interface and mentor salary bargaining unit engineers through team-based coordination of technical tasks
- Manage safe work practices and maintain safe work environment
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, IT, business or finance required.
- Ability to lead and coordinate efforts that will foster growth and encourage innovation.
- Experience leading projects and communicating complex efforts to wide range of audiences is required.
- Experience with IT systems is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of GDLS manufacturing plant capabilities is desired, and previous plant experience is preferred but not required.
-Awareness of GDLS products, Customers, competitors, and internal operations is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and teaming best practices.
-Excellent leadership and decision-making, with the ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Comfortable briefing complex topics to high-level audiences, including top Leadership at GD Land Systems, GD Corporate, and VIPs from Government / Industry.
-Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently in a self-motivated environment.
-Capable of frequent interface with IT, Quality, Supply Chain, Production, Finance, Engineering, Contracts, Customers, suppliers, and other organizations.
-Established skills in technical leadership, project execution and conflict management – with proven competency in effective problem solving and decision making.
-Knowledgeable on a wide range of applicable process technologies, including how and where to leverage them for improving efficiency, quality, safety, and performance.
-Ability to analyze processes for efficiency, manpower demands, equipment requirements, and recommended improvements.
-Strong computer skills with Window-based PC systems & applicable software (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Teamcenter, Oracle, etc).
-Willing to travel when needed; valid passport for international travel is preferred.
-Ability to obtain / maintain security clearance.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company offering a broad portfolio of products and services in business aviation; ship construction and repair; land combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; and technology products and services. General Dynamics employs more than 100,000 people across 65 countries worldwide and in all 50 U.S. states, more information is available at www.gd.com. General Dynamics Land Systems, is a business unit of General Dynamics, and is an innovative leader of ground combat systems’ equipment and software for our clients. Our performance-driven team partners with the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corp and other militaries across the Globe to ensure that next generation ground combat vehicles are ready to protect our fighting men and women in uniform. General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package, site specific flexible work schedules, 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility, Employee Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Amenities, and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance. At General Dynamics Land Systems, we strive to be champions who drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to our values and beliefs to provide a healthy and secure working environment that empowers team members to build careers that reward. We are focused on supporting an inclusive company that recognizes the value in creating a dynamic team that is diverse.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, General Dynamics Land Systems (“GDLS”) provides all persons with equal opportunity and access to all aspects of employment process, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or membership in any group protected by federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. GDLS also is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans.. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation to search or apply for an opportunity with GDLS, please call 586-825-4000 or send an e-mail to [email protected] for assistance and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.