This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Sterling Heights, MI, United States
Requisition ID: 11172
Career Level: Mid-Career
Remote Work Options: On-Site
Clearance Type: None
The Advanced Capability Development Power Electronics Hardware Team is tasked with developing new hardware for the electrification of combat vehicles. The team is responsible for the design, build, control development of, and integration of new electrical power generation, conversion, distribution, and storage hardware. The team is also responsible for the operation of the High Voltage Conversion & Electrical Storage (HVC&ES) Research and Development Laboratory.
The team is looking for new members with an interest in power electronics (hardware, controls, firmware, software, etc.). New members will be exposed to multiple engineering disciplines related to vehicle electrification. Initially new members will support senior engineers with ongoing efforts, but will eventually lead new efforts.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of Power Electronics firmware and application control software in the C programming language (develop test plans and create reports)
- Work within a small team to assist in the design, build, and testing of new vehicle electrical power firmware and application software
- Support the integration and testing of high voltage vehicle power systems in the laboratory and on the vehicle
- Support the development, control, and the testing of vehicle power systems
- Master development tools such as MATLAB Simulink and Stateflow, Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio (CCS), Python
- Master testing tools such as Vector CANoe (J1939 & CANopen protocols), data acquisition hardware (oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Master software configuration management (Git, Atlassian Bitbucket) and project management (Atlassian Confluence & Jira) packages
- Expand the capabilities of the HVC&ES Lab, to include:
1) Improving component testing
2) Evolving the Vehicle Power Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test-beds
- Participate in laboratory training
- Ability to occasionally travel
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience: 5-10 years
- Interest in power electronics and power electronics controls realization
- Experience with C & Python programming languages and MATLAB
- Able to work in a laboratory environment almost exclusively
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a small team
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Power electronics controls development and software implementation (DSPs, FPGAs, etc.)
- Ethernet & CAN
- Power electronics hardware (electrical machines & drives, DC/DC converters, etc.)
GDLS considers factors such as, scope/responsibilities of the position, candidate experience, education/training background, in addition to local market comparable and business considerations when extending an offer.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company offering a broad portfolio of products and services in business aviation; ship construction and repair; land combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; and technology products and services. General Dynamics employs more than 100,000 people across 65 countries worldwide and in all 50 U.S. states, more information is available at www.gd.com. General Dynamics Land Systems, is a business unit of General Dynamics, and is an innovative leader of ground combat systems’ equipment and software for our clients. Our performance-driven team partners with the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corp and other militaries across the Globe to ensure that next generation ground combat vehicles are ready to protect our fighting men and women in uniform. General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package, site specific flexible work schedules, 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility, Employee Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Amenities, and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance. At General Dynamics Land Systems, we strive to be champions who drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to our values and beliefs to provide a healthy and secure working environment that empowers team members to build careers that reward. We are focused on supporting an inclusive company that recognizes the value in creating a dynamic team that is diverse.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, General Dynamics Land Systems (“GDLS”) provides all persons with equal opportunity and access to all aspects of employment process, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or membership in any group protected by federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. GDLS also is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans.. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation to search or apply for an opportunity with GDLS, please call 586-825-4000 or send an e-mail to [email protected] for assistance and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.